Pay per click adverting is being used nowadays by most online businesses. Although PPC search engine internet advertising has quite straightforward guidelines of use, its effectiveness in terms of clicks and conversions is highly dependent on the quality of your ad copy. Looking into that aspect a list of tips and techniques is compiled that can help your ad stand out from the crowd.
The tips and tweaks are so designed that they make your campaign richer. For both Google pay per click campaigns and other search engines that offer PPC services (Yahoo, MSN), the following tips on improving your ad copies apply:
1. The most important element of your PPC ad copy is the heading or title. Try to make it as attractive as possible for your audience. First impression says it all and then only can make the ‘impression’!
2. Use relevant keywords in the ad title. As mentioned above, the title is of utmost importance, so inserting the keywords you are bidding on in the title is effective in improving your click through rate (CTR). Keywords make the ad look relevant.
3. Rely on your unique selling proposition (USP) when writing the ad copy. If your prices are low as compared to the others in the industry, then make sure you place prices in the title ad. If you have the widest variety of products, then emphasise this aspect in your ad. Remember you are trying to sell something in a clutter of information packages. So let the USP stand out for you and do the mass appeal.
4. Include a Special Offer in the ad text. Using the “Free” add-on offers works well in the ad title. For example: free delivery, free bonus software, or free 30-day trial.
5. Use a short URL for the “display URL” section. They offer you free brand exposure for your domain name.
6. Use capitalization in the displayed URL if possible. It helps in getting your URL memorized easier.
7. Use clear, precise sentences, not just keywords.
8. Add a credibility indicator. That could be: 30-day money-back guarantee.
9. Pay attention to your competition. Research what your competitors’ are doing on their PPC campaigns and try to work on making yours better, distinct from theirs.
10. Use Google’s Keyword Insertion Feature.
This feature allows you to place a code into your ad copy that will auto-populate your ad with whatever search query is used, provided that keyword is being targeted in your ad group. The keyword insertion feature has the potential of getting more clicks, because generally people are tempted to click on an ad that exactly matches their search.
Pay per click advertising is a service provided by most search engines and which offers online businesses the opportunity to reach their exact audience and promote their services to those directly interested. The above list doesn’t end here. It is only a summary of scheme of things that you need to undertake to make your PPC advertisement stand out of the clutter.